Rest In Peace, My Friend

No farewell words were spoken No time to say goodbye You were gone before we knew it And only God knows why. There it was, his f...


No farewell words were spoken
No time to say goodbye
You were gone before we knew it
And only God knows why.

There it was, his funeral portrait in one of the posts in his Facebook timeline, and his brother posting about the venue for his funeral. We haven't seen each other in years, I'd say 8, we occasionally chat and the number of years never felt that long.

When it comes to losing someone, I always knew that if it's time, it is , you have to accept it. Especially your own. It was about time I realise how unusual it feels. Not saying that I have never lost anyone in my life, I have. My grandparents passed away when my age was a single digit. Its almost a decade ago. I've grown to cherish friendship and souls that entered my life. Termsin and I weren't very close, but he was someone that everybody knew (at that point of time), but I don't think he knew everybody.

He was tall. More mature than any other kids in our batch. He would spike his hair that made him look like Astro Boy, and constantly make sure his hair was sharp as he walk or sit or doing whatever thing he had to. All the girls were crushing on him, to  be honest, me included.

I even remembered the first day he came to school. I was a prefect, and I had to use the staircase nearest to the primary one class I'm responsible of taking care of at that time, which was where the uniforms are selling. As usual, I walked passed the uniform shop, but it was different. I heard a lady speaking in Thai to a tall boy. I knew he was a transfer, by the colour of his name tag and PE shirt, I was sure he would be in Mr.Max's class. I was actually excited because he is going to be the other Thai in Woodlands Primary School, which originally was only me (in the same batch), but a little disappointed that we weren't in the same class.

My life changed since that day. All the girls came to me asking me to write a letter in Thai because they wanted to give him. A love letter to him. I wrote a few, and I remembered that they say he tore it all and threw them away. He probably thought I was the one who wanted to give them to him, because he never really read who it was from. Even I had a crush on him, I never really had the guts to say it out like the other girls.

We got closer because we had to spend our Mother Tongue period at the seats outside the class. And he would always disappear. Such a rebel as kids.

What I'm trying to say is that you will never know what will happen to you, or when will it happen. When someone enters your life, treasure them. Be nice to them. Love them. Forgive them. You would hate it if one day, they don't exist anymore, but you have a lot to say. Maybe you've forgotten to apologise, confess, or clearing the doubts you guys once had. You would regret it for the rest of your life.

Since I came back to study in Bangkok, I haven't met up with Termsin even once, but it was always my plan. I even hoped that one day we would bump into each other in Siam Square or somewhere, but I hate to accept the fact that it won't happen anymore.

Tomorrow is the last time we will be able to meet. See you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments